Banana Bacon Hotcakes
360 calories, 19 grams of protein
1 piece of bacon
½ banana, mashed
2 TBSP flour
2 eggs (one for batter, 1 on the side any way you want it)
1 TBSP water
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp coconut oil
½ TBSP maple syrup
- Cook bacon over medium high heat until done, approx. 2-3 mins per side. Wipe pan out with paper towel when done, and place bacon on paper towel.
- While bacon cooks, mash banana in mixing bowl, then add flour, 1 egg, vanilla, water and baking powder.
- Heat coconut oil in the pan used to cook your bacon.
- There will be enough batter for 2 larger cakes or 3 smaller cakes; pour desired amount per hotcake into pan over medium high heat, cooking approx. 1-3 mins per side.
- Wipe out pan with paper towel and cook your additional egg any way you want it. (Not pictured.)
- Plate your hot cakes and eggs and serve with maple syrup.
Lazy Fit Girl Tip: Prepare hard boiled eggs in advance for your additional egg.
Vegetarian: Leave out the bacon and have 1/2 cup side of fruit
Vegan: Leave out bacon. Sub 2 TBSP of applesauce for the egg in the pancake batter. Have ½ cup side of fruit.